David L. Weck
- Unless indicated otherwise (i.e. LV), ring all note values using correct damping technique.
- Make sure ALL bell changes are done accurately, in tempo, with clean damping and maintaining the rhythmic flow of the music.
- In massed ringing it is VERY important to be prepared to WATCH the conductor for ALL rit. and a tempos.
- It would be wise to check ALL tempo indications with a metronome.
- Please observe all cresc. And decresc.
- All ringers’ eyes must be on the conductor 90% of the time – (Would you believe 50%) KNOW YOUR MUSIC.
- Musicianship is the most important element in handbell ringing, Ring musically and remember you are part of an ensemble working together toward a musical goal.
- Be sure you have marked all bell changes
- Have ms 33-49 well rehearsed (Accidentals)
Prayer for the Innocents
- Keep the Molto Espressivo indication in mind through the piece
- Be sure to check all tempo changes and bell changes – there are many!
I’ve Got Peace Like a River
- Always bring out the melody
- ms 9 – plus sign indicates use of mallet with the bell in hand
- P5 performance suggestion is important!
Fantasia on Old Hundreth
- ms 1-12, 21-24, 67-80, 89-95 observe accents
- ms 6 & 7 B Naturals
- ms 79 & 80 watch out for the E flats
Nocture in C Minor
- Do not rush the Tempo
- We will work for musical phrases
- ms 6 beat 3 – add LV
- ms 76 beat 3 add a rit with a tempo at ms 77